Creating a Billing Plan
This guide will help you create your own Billing Plan, that you can then assign to your client's Instances.
To follow the steps in this tutorial, you should be able to log in to the Partner Portal. For more information on billing in platformOS, check out the announcement about the Billing System Launch.
Creating a Billing Plan is a three-step process:
Step 1: Locate Partner
In the menu on the left, click on
Partners, and select your Partner. The information page of the Partner is displayed.
Step 2: Create Billing Plan
Billing Plans. A list of previously created Billing Plans is displayed (or none, if you haven't created any Billing Plans yet). Click on
Create Billing Plan, and fill in the form.
- Parent Plan Type: Select one of the Billing Plans available to you. The Parent Billing Plan will be the basis of the Billing Plan you're building. For each Instance created with your newly created Billing Plan, you will be charged according to its Parent Plan Type.
Currently, a "Staging Unbilled" Parent Plan Type is displayed in the list. Staging Instances will remain Unbilled for now, we will create a separate plan for staging, dev, and QA Instances later.
Billing Plans work with a flat hosting fee without overages (overages will be introduced later and invoiced retroactively).
- Plan Type name: Enter a name for your Billing Plan, e.g. "Production 110".
- Usage Fee name: Enter a name for the usage fee, e.g. "Hosting".
- Usage Fee price: Provide the total price your client has to pay you in cents.
You can add multiple Usage fees using the
Add another Usage Feebutton. Your profit for each Instance is calculated next to the Usage Fee fields. Your profit is the Usage Fee you entered minus the Parent Plan's fee.
- Currency: Currently, USD is available.
- Recurring every: Currently, monthly payment is available.
Create Instance Billing Plan Type. A message is displayed that the "Instance Plan Type was successfully created."
Step 3: Make Billing Plan available
Now, you have to make the Billing Plan you created available to select when you want to assign them to your SubPartner's Instances.
- Select Partners which can use [Billing Plan name]: In the drop-down, select SubPartners you'd like to share this plan with. Then click on
- Select Environments: Select which environments this Billing Plan will be available for. Then click on
Congratulations! You have created your own Billing Plan. Now you can assign it to your clients' Instances.